After donating blood, it is important that you note the following suggestions:
- In the next few hours, drink more fluid than usual, and continue with your regular eating schedule.
- Do not smoke at least 4 hours after donating.
- If bleeding in the puncture site, press with cotton and raise the arm from 3 to 5 minutes. If this problem persists, please go to the Blood Bank.
- If you experience dizziness or lightheadedness, sit or lie down, trying to keep your feet higher than the head, this for at least 5 minutes.
- It is recommended to not exceed in intense physical activity, because you will get tired quickly.
Make an appointment with us
Phone: 5474-7200 Exts. 4210, 3907.
Monday to friday, de 7:30 a 4:00 pm Saturday, from 7 am to 3:00 pm
Saturday, sunday and holidays from 8 am to 3:00 pm
We are located in the basement of the Hospitalization Tower (beside IT) or write us by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Physicians at your service
M.D. Héctor Alfredo Baptista González
Chief of Blood Bank Service
Direct phone: 5424-7229